And it's a biggie.
If you are on Windows vista, 7,8 or 10 Please answer 'no', close the program, and re-launch running 'as administrator' by 'right clicking' the QuickSnooker desktop icon, and choosing 'run as administrator'. (then choose 'yes')
Many thanks to all of our paying customers !
This update alone represents more than 360 hours effort - Please support us by buying Quick Snoooker if you haven't already !
- ADDED - New splash/logon/hints screen - Removed the requirement for Keys and serials, allows easy access to your account from multiple computers.
- ADDED - An off-line splash screen (offline.htm - remember to deploy !)
- NEW - Menu system, Clearer and more customisable, you can also zoom(with ctrl+/-)
- IMPROVED - Major update to the ball physics - which has fixed guides not matching with actual trajectories - thanks to PotBlack for reporting.
- IMPROVED - Realism, based on play on a full sized table - Including 'remastering' all the sounds, increasing ball momentum and reducing the 'hitable'area on the cueball.
- IMPROVED - Cueing over and around balls - more accurate hampering and chalkspot.
- IMPROVED - AI for more realistic strategy, (not that he will necessarily play any better at the lower levels, but he will be trying more realistic shots) - especially returning to baulk and more conservative colour selection.
- ADDED - support for the 'impossible snooker' (miss rule WBPSA 14-iii)
- IMPROVED Much asked for - I have restructured foul and free ball handling to allow you to address a shot before choosing whether to pass to the opponent (or play without having to dismiss a message).
- IMPROVED - Popup messages to HTML for improved consistency, styling, and better language support, they are also now 'scalable' (you can drag them to any size).
- IMPROVED - Complete revamp of the website.
- IMPROVED - Refactored all mouse handling, fixing a rare but annoying problem where you would get 'stuck' in setting spin mode. (also makes the code much cleaner, but that's for my benefit not yours.)
- IMPROVED - 9 ball push-out rule.
- IMPROVED - This may be contentious, but the object ball guide has been deliberately removed from the break shot - this has allowed me to remove a previous (random) 'fix' for killer breaks (potting, repeatably from the break).
- FIXED - Bug 28 - Cursor to going the description box every time on 'F1' (send to gallery).
- FIXED - Two 50's in the same frame wasn't adding 2 to the 50's stats.
- FIXED - Bug 29 - line break sometimes goes wrong in the in-game chat.
- FIXED - Bug 104 - improvements to the block function.
- IMPROVED - Simple (unregistered/novice) physics has been brought slightly more in-line with the 'pro' physics - it now features aerodynamic drag - and the Pro physics now uses the same drag coefficients as the novice - this should make the pro upgrade more natural for people and less of a culture shock.
- IMPROVED - Slightly improved graphics, windows, doors etc (doubled the imposter surface size).
- ADDED - 'Basket' based buy now page - allows mixed/simultaneous purchases.
- IMPROVED - All windowing/viewport code:-
- Creating new layouts is much easier dragging panel edges and tops is much more responsive.
- Less flicker and faster startup
- New hide and restore panels''
- Less drama when resizing/moving the window
- Much faster switching between layouts (keys 1-7)
- RE-WROTE - All communications/on-line code, Now moved to a single UDP socket (From about 7 different UDP/TCP sockets) - Waiting room connections in particular should be more robust, suriving long inactivity, WIFI drops, change of IP and even reboots.
- Re-wrote all In game chat and noticeboards, Scroll checkbox no longer necessary (if you scroll to the bottom it will auto scroll) - if you leave the bottom, it will let you.
- Removed the client-side translation object and dependency - no more annoying message about couldn't install translator - and translation should now work (as well as it ever did) from all machines (server side).
(PREVIOUS) Version 7.0.1013 - 18th May 2014
- Fixed online play - very rare miscue at 'your' end (but not 'his') - Thanks to Kenny and Yisc
- Fixed Reporting of two consecutive maximum break wins failed to report. (never been an issue for me !) - Thanks to Jose
- Fixed pressing escape in the waiting room could give errors and/or cause false alerts from Antivirus programs. - thanks Yisc
- Fixed problem with recording second highest breaks in a game (HB2's)
- Fixed an issue on the respot information (when right clicking colours on the scoreboard
- Fixed a (very annoying) problem with shutting the program down which could make it difficult to close. - thanks Thumper
- Reduced chatter/messages in help window for registered players
- For on-line play, You now receive a message and the room closes if you lose your connection - rather than being left connected to a 'dead' room (in which you won't seen any activity)
- (re)Allowed challenges after a concession (but it is polite to allow your opponent to finish their break !)